Sunday 27 October 2013

Experimenting with texture.

I wanted to experiment with different textures as I think I would like to create a beautiful face with maybe cracked hands or ears to represent not being so pure and innocent. As I think I would like to create an image that is sensual and would like an innocent face but maybe the prop and the hands showing that this person is not so virginal. I have been inspired by an image  by  artist Titan of his daughter;just by looking at it it spiraled off thoughts in my head of how I can create my own a character and my own message within the look.

Cracked effect.


I used baby powder and water to create this cracked effect! I created a paste with it and painted it on with a flat foundation brush. It helped create that alabaster look. It was a lot more gentle to the skin than egg whites and went on more smoothly . Also made my face feel extremely smooth and smell amazing after wards. Also when the paste cracked it started to fall off like a powder. Had a crumbling effect which I think would look amazing as an action shot if you was to put it on your hands. For me it could represent innocence crumbling or getting older.





Dewy Skin.

After seeing the different textures on paintings linking back to the art exhibition by Selina Snow as her image with Lamb on it's texture looked very shiny its inspired me to play around with textures on the skin. I have always preferred dewy skin over matte as I feel it looks more natural and just makes the skin glow with youthfulness which I suppose could of been one of Selina's reasoning behind the texture. 

I created this skin by using a Clarins moisturizer sparingly. I then applied MAC's prep and prime primer in shade Neutralise as this makes the skin glow as well as evening skin tone. I then a mixed MAC's mineralize foundation NC15 with Kryolans event foundation in Pearl which I applied with a foundation brush a beauty blender, and extra blending with my fingers. I used the beauty blender as I find that it often thins down the prodcut if you apply more than needed waer which is what I wanted.It also blends some foundations seamsly. I used a thin layer of translucent powder.


Matte skin.

As random as this sounds I wanted to do a matte skin as I saw this car that was matte car which really stood out to me. I wanted to create this texture smooth texture.
I applied a little moisturizer. I then applied Illamasqua's matte primer. I used Dior's Dior skin forever foundation in the lightest shade. I applied this with a beauty blender as I find this blends the foundation to look almost perfect. I then applied concealer under the eyes and on blemishes where needed using a concealer brush and MAC studio fix concealer NC15. i then powdered on top using a MAC studio finish powder in NC15. I also applied MAC 's powder blusher in pink swoon.
I quite liked the skin as it had more of a flawless look to it and can make a look cleaner. I think I will use a matte skin for my Elizabethan look.


No comments:

Post a Comment