Sunday 3 November 2013

Elizabethan inspired face charts.


 Complementary colours.

The first face chart I constructed was created by using complementary colours. The colours I chose were  what I would describe as a deepish electric blue and red with an orange tint. I chose these colours as stating the obvious they work well together and the colour blue was often associated with royalty, and the colour orange/red was Elizabeth's trend setting hair colour all of which I created a complementary style of makeup. A pale base was used to have some aspects of the Elizabethan era.

 Here I used Macs Prep and Prime primer in the neutralising tone, this adds a glow to my skin as well as evening out my skintone. I then applied Macs Studio sculpt foundation In NC15 I used this as it is a medium coverage so it is not too heavy and creates a slight dewy base. I then used Illamasqua's translucent powder to set the base. I contoured my cheeks with Krylonas  powder blusher in cherrywood which is an orangey red colour. On the apples of my cheek I used Kryolans powder blusher in Rosewood to create that flushed look that the Elizabethans cherished.    
 On the eyes I used Kryolans event foundation in pearl as a primer. I then used Kryolans grease paint in an electric blue colour to create a winged liner, I went over the grease paint with kryolan eyeshadow colour blue coral. I then lightly feathered in the brows using Mac spiked as I wanted the brows to look natural. I used a tiny bit of lancome hypnose mascara. I used Kryolans grease paints to create this colour I mixed the red grease paint with the orange and applied mac lady danger lipstick on top.

I am not sure if I would like to use this look for my paper lash lesson as it seems to be a rather flat look;however the lashes could make this look come to life.


As I was not 100% sure on my first design I decided to play about with texture a little more which added a fuller eye look. By using two shades of metallic blue on top and under the eye as well as creating the winged liner with shadow instead of grease paint, I also lined the eyes with black kohl pencil. I felt this look worked better and gave me more self fulfillment than the look before hand. I could also say that the metallic can represent the wealth of some people.







Monochromatic colour.

I constructed this face chart using the colour purple. Why purple? Simply as only the extremely wealthy and royalty wore the colour purple as it was an expensive colour to produce. It holds so many rich, deep tones. Whilst designing this face chart I decided to create it with a sub culture twist. Gothic! Why? because gothic makeup is dark and mysterious to me. I wanted heavy eyes and heavy lips and cheeks. To create a busy image.

To create this look I used Illamasqua's matte base primer to prep the skin. I then used Max Factor creme foundation in shade Honey, which I pushed into the skin using a flat sponge to create a matte skin. I used Mac studio sculpt concealer in nw20 under the eyes and on blemishes that showed through. I then applied two layers of translucent powder which again I pressed into the skin.  On the eyes I applied too faced eye primer and applied kryolans white eyeshadow over the eye to the brow. I then used the colour Bused off urban decays Naked 2 palette which I blended u to the crease and to the middle of the eye lid. I blended this outwards to create a wing an under the outer corner of the eye. I used a deep plum blusher from coastal scents. On this lips I used Macs captive which I found too pink for my friend's skin tone so decided to go darker and use Maybelline's timeless plum matte lipstick. I applied lancome hypnose mascara in black on the lashes and Mac spiked on the brows. 
Over all I am not sure if I like this look on a darker skin tone and feel it looks a bit glamorous or drag instead of dark and mysterious. Therefore If I create this look I would like to use  on a fairer complexion.


Analogous colour.

For my analogous colours I chose warms colours such as golden toned yellows and browns,oranges and warms reds. I have not created this look on myself or another. I chose these colours to represent The Spanish Armada the spanish flag consists of red and yellow. Which was my initial Elizabethan inspiration. 













Neutral colour.

For my final face chart I wanted to create a sort of natural look that the young Elizabeth once conveyed. The rosy cheeks and nude eyes. Therefore my idea behind this was nudes.

To create this look I used NYX HD foundation of which does not have a name but the most ghostly colour. This foundations creates a soft looking matte base, which I then powdered over lightly with translucent powder. On the cheeks I used kryolan eyeshadow Almond and went over it in Kryolans colour cherrywood which created a earthly warm cheek which I liked. On the lips I used Kryolans lip palette color LC004 which is a nudey earthly orange.
 I applied too faced primer on my eye lids and covered the eye in Kryolans white eyeshadow. I then applied Kryolans eyeshadow in colour Almond all over the lid blending to the crease and above. As I have hooded eyes I always have to create my own crease and I like mine high. I found the colour was not string enough against my skin, therefore I wet the eyeshadow making the colour become more prominent. I applied kryolans highlight eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eye. To lengthen the lashes I used Lancome Hypnose mascara in black. I feathered my brows in with Mac spiked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment