Wednesday 27 November 2013

Peer assessment.

On Monday 25th of November Hayley completed her assessment which consisted of her doing my makeup and hair design on me. Using only my information pack to create my look, as well as practice and watching me create the look.

Whilst analysing Hayley like asked I took note of how Hayley handled the assessment. Hayley practiced my makeup design three times.
Hayley applied an even,seamless skin base all over. Hayley followed my instructions well and paid attention to the techniques I wanted the makeup to be applied i.e I wanted the foundation buffed into the skin with a buffing brush not with a sponge or brush.She created the look intended. Hayley was very hygienic using hand gel constantly and clean mascara wands. She looked professional and I had confidence that she would create my design well. However she did not have enough time to apply my bottom set of eyelashes which I was a bit disappointed about.  However I felt that Hayley used the time effectively as the makeup did need more attention than the hair. However I was pleased with the out come.
If I was do my design I would've spent less time blending the foundation as I felt it was blended well enough and applied the bottom lashes as these looked really effective. I have learnt from Hayleys assessment that I will start on the hair design first as I would like the makeup to look as fresh as possible and to ensure I have time for the finishing touches that really make the design. My makeup still looked fresh but started to crease slightly in areas. But Hayley executed the design well and I was pleased with how well she created my design.




My information pack.

For my look I put together a pack that included all of the details of each section of makeup so my partner did not forget a single detail. 





No comments:

Post a Comment