Wednesday 6 November 2013

Developing my design

 For my first Elizabethan face chart I was inspired  by Elizabethan embroidery. The swirls and flowers. So I decided to incorporate this into my  forthcoming design.


Link:www.anne-boleyn.com
Viewed:6.11.13

 From this image I liked the design in the background.

The Elizabethan patterns remind me of Henna. I think I could try and incorporate Henna tattoos into my design. 



Link:www.jmddesigns.co.nz
Viewed:06.11.13
I also liked the design in this image. This is a image of Elizabethan embroidery. I liked the swirls,leafs and flowers. I found the birds on the design to be specifically interesting. I quite like the colours and the bead texture.


My main inspiration behind this look was from Botticelli's Primavera painting. There is a goddess called Flora in it represents spring, there are several images of her. One with flowers coming out of her mouth and one where the flowers go up her dress and stop at the neck.







This was my first face chart. I would like the skin to be pale and matte. I would like an Almond brown eye and light brows. Rosy pink cheeks. On the lips I have tried to draw a Elizabethan pattern with the swirls coming from the corners of the lip. I found this hard to draw and easier to demonstrate my idea on myself.
 On the lip I wanted to try and make it look like doll lips but with swirls and lines. I then used black aqua paint to create swirls and a flower.
I then decided that I did not like the bottom half of the lip and took it off. I then extended the design onto my jaw and neck which I quite liked adding leaves into the design like the embroidery image. 


I then decided to add colours. I used blues, greens, red and gold. As these colours were on the embroidery and work well together. However I am not keen on the design I think it looks too messy. I do like the idea of having a design on the lip I will buy stencils and possibly henna stick on tattoos that remind me of the patterns on Elizabethan embroidery.







My second face chart I constructed was inspired by an Elizabethan poet James Shirley the poem that inspired me was `The Fair Falon`. The words that influenced this face chart were

 "Playing the eagle; her clear brow, and the virgin red lips. The film Elizabeth Shekhar Kapur 1998. With his use of colour and symbolism red resembled power, and blood.





Is a comely field of snow.
A sparkling eye, so pure a gray
As when it shines it needs no day.
Ivory dwelleth on her nose;
Lilies, married to the rose,
Have made her cheek the nuptial bed;
Her lips betray their virgin red,
As they only blushed for this,"(James Shirley 1633 The Fair Falon)







As you can see I have covered the brows in white I have added winged white eyeliner with white eyelashes. The cheeks are rosy, and the lips "virgin red". I also stuck a bit of a paper lash on the lip it looks like a flower to me. I would like the skin fair for this design. This design to me seems simple and pretty but I think it would work well and would like to try both.












I created this look firstly by prepping the skin making sure all makeup was off throughly as I wanted the look to look as fresh as possible.

I then applied stargazers foundation in the colour white and mixed it on the back of my hand using Illamasqua's matte primer. I then applied Macs studio fix concealer on any blemishes (NC15).  I powdered the base well using Illamasqua's translucent powder to set the skin. I then added a pinch of colour to my base using Kryolan blusher in rose wood I applied blusher on my cheekbone to the apples making sure it was blended in well.


I then applied Supra palette grease paint in the colour white on my eyebrows and lashes with a disposable mascara wand.  I wanted a white winged liner so I used Aqua paint using a thin paint brush I created a winged liner effect.







I used a blood red glossy effect lipstick on lips to also capture the Elizabethan essence.

I quite like this look as it is simple however there are elements i would like to add to the look! Possibly making my own eyelashes. I did not like the winged liner with aqua paint as I feel it looks to clumpy and messy it also creases quickly! Overall I like the simplicty but I feel I could make it look more modern. Further experiments I will blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment