Thursday 14 November 2013

development of my final design.

Trialing some of my look ideas. I wanted to try out a bee-stung lip as I feel it would suit my design I am considering using. I decided to use red as it represents royalty and women would often have red stained lips. referring to James Shirley The fair falon poem. As well as the colour symbolism in the film Elizabeth Shekhar Kapur 1998.
I quite liked the look of the lips in a dark red however I am not sure whether I am going to do the lips with more of a brown toned red or even brown. As once I bring my design together I am going to have a lot of warm colours in my hair so I was thinking about keeping the face cool with blusher adding a pinch of colour to my face. I found the lips rather easy to do and not time consuming.


As the embroidery on the clothes instantly reminded me of henna patterns I decided I wanted to use an embroidered pattern somewhere on the face. I initially wanted it on the lower half as the hair is going to be strong so I want to keep the face clean and plain looking, whilst still using elements of Elizabethan makeup. I also wanted it here due to where Flora's flowers stop on her neck on Botticelli's Primavera painting.  I wanted to use Henna as it was a well known beauty method for dying the hair a shade of red.


Here are some images of the embroidered look I wanted to create. I created it using Henna stencils. I applied a matte brown eyeshadow on with a fluffy blending brush to make sure the pattern looked soft.
I like this look however I will need to supply sellotape as the stencil tended to slip so the patterns were slanting slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment