Monday 11 November 2013

Classical Elizabethan Makeup


To create a classical Elizabethan look of porcelain skin,light brows and lashes, flushed cheeks and lips using only Illamasqua products.

To begin with I added a Illamasqua's matte primer with their white skin base foundation, I mixed it into the back of my hand as this thins down the product making the foundation go on evenly. I applied the mix with my foundation brush  ,buffing it in with a big fluffy powder brush. Making sure the hairline, ears, jaw and neck were covered. I then used a disposable mascara wand with illamasqua's white foundation base in the brows. Brushing the brows in the opposite direction to make sure every hair was coloured white.I then brushed the white foundation on a mascara wand on the lashes at the roots to the end. I then powdered the skin using translucent powder;then applied a rather pink powder blusher which I just blotted on the apples of the cheeks as this is what we were told to do as they did not have much technique in the Elizabethan era. I patted the powder blush onto the lips.
Here was the outcome. I felt I could of applied the foundation higher into the hair line, and maybe used the blusher on the cheeks and lips more sparingly. Other than that I am pretty happy with the eyes as base as it looked smooth and even!

No comments:

Post a Comment