Monday 4 November 2013

Paperself lashes.

During Laras workshop today we had the opportunity to trial paperself lashes. Some of the lashes looked as though they could of been inspired by Elizabethan designs such as embroidery on clothing. These eyelashes could be used to create a contemporary Elizabethan look. Lara also taught us how to pigmentate the eyelashes.

Paperself eyelashes.

Paperself lashes are a British based brand (London). Founded in London 2009 Their eyelashes are made purely out of paper and each have unique designs. Which is what makes them so successful and worn worldwide.
The eyelashes have been worn by various celebrities, and have been used on TV shows. 

The eyelashes can be used in various ways to create a solitary look. The lashes can be used as strip eyelashes. Or you can cut them up into shapes and use them on the brows,lips,nails anywhere your creativity takes you!




Today I had the chance to choose one of my Elizabethan face charts and create on a face. The face chart I chose was my monochromatic look.


I prepped the face, and applied a light coating of satin finish primer. I then applied a light amount of foundation buffing it into the skin. I applied concealer on any blemishes and powdered, to set the base.

 I contoured the cheeks using a deep plum blusher. I then applied a light plum blusher on the cheekbones and added a powder highlight on top of the cheek bone. This created a sharp angle which I thought would work well with the eye I wanted to create.

I applied a matte white eyeshadow onto the eye. I then applied a medium purple on the lid. I then used a deeper purple on the crease making the eyeshadow go to a point , as I wanted the look to look sharp and strong. I added a pearl shimmer highlight on top of the contour.
I then cut the lashes in half using half on top, the other half on the bottom. I felt this did not compliment the lashes at all I think in my rush I may of used the left lash on the the right eye oops!

I added a quick gold pigmentation in the brows.





 Here I did not get to finish my final look! I wanted dark plum lips and a stronger brow. I did not like this look! I felt it was not strong enough! I needed to use a darker purple.
I liked the paperself lashes or though they were a little harder to apply compared to normal eyelashes. Although
they do create an interesting look.















Pigmentation of the eyelashes.

Pigmentation of the eyelashes creates a eye-catching look that would work well with the Elizabethan theme as they often had bleached out looking lashes we could put a modern twist on it by emphasizing using colours on the lashes.

Firstly choose your colour or texture, then using a mixing medium mix the colour on the back of your hand or palette to make a cream lie consistency.

Then apply the pigment using a flat brush at the root of the lashes to make sure all of the lash is covered. Then using a disposable wand sweep the colour from root to to tip. You Could even add a powder pigment on top of the lashes such as a glittered on this would create a great look.

No comments:

Post a Comment